Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Something Refreshing

In Memphis, it is 112.

I took my dog outside, and, if we stood in one place for too long of a time, he would lift up his wee, pork cop legs in a sad little "Burning Paw" dance.

As I have said, it is Africa hot.

Time to cool down and start a Harry Potter marathon.

Watermelon and Cucumber Sparkler

This refreshing little drink is great on its own, but feel free to spike it with either Hendrick's gin or cucumber vodka for a tasty adult beverage.

2 cups watermelon, cubed
1 cup cucumber, chopped
2 Tbl lime juice
1 Tbl honey
1 liter sparkling water
mint to garnish

Throw watermelon, cucumber, lime juice, and honey into a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.  Pass mixture through a sieve extracting only the juice.  Pour into a pitcher and add sparkling water.  Stir well.  Serve over ice and garnish with mint.

1 comment:

  1. Made this today. It's goooooood. I'd imagine the same idea would work with many fruits. I've got a fridge full of straw- and blueberries that might receive this treatment tomorrow.

    Also, apparently my Blogger/Gmail handle is pre-set at "Mr. Adcock". Awesome. :-P

    ReplyDelete