Thursday, December 22, 2011

That Forgotten Christmas Present

A couple of weeks ago, I was sorting through my ever growing collection of pots and pans attempting to thin out the crowd, when I stumbled upon a long forgotten gift.

Last year, my brother-in-illegal and his wife gave J and me a panini press. And we have never used it.

It's basically a grill pan with a heavy weight you use to mash on the sandwich.  Kind of a useless piece of cookware taking up space.  I mean, if I was industrious, I would just use my grill pan and mash on it with a skillet.  But, I took it out for a test drive and I love it! You can turn any sandwich into a delicious, flat work of art.  And it is another toy you can use when you play with your food.

So, if you are looking for a gift for that foodie friend or family member this year, consider the panini press.  'Tis fun for all ages.



Delish!
Mediterranean Veggie Panini


This is just one I particularly enjoyed.  But play around with it!  You have a panini press for god's sake!



Roasted Red Peppers
Grilled and Marinated Zucchini
Sliced Red Onion
Argulua
Oil Cured Olives
Pepadew Peppers
Fresh Mozzerella
Arugula
Pesto Mayonnaise
Ciabatta Bread

Slice open the bread and slather that bad lad with the pesto mayonnaise (equal parts pesto and mayo).  Layer ingredients on and transfer to your preheated panini press.  Press that sucker and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment